Sunday, March 28, 2010

I can see clearly now the pain is gone...........

Yep, you heard it here! I am off insulin completely. 16 days and I did it!!!!! My blood sugar isn't perfect in the morning, but hell, it's 100+ points down from where it used to be and that's with zero insulin instead of 60 units of long acting. So frankly, I'm not about to take insulin just to bring it down more. With time I do believe that I will be able to get my fasting blood sugar down to under 100. Right now I'm at about 150, but hell, it used to be 250 or more. So.............I'm good with that!
; )

So now what? I'm a little nervous as this is all so new and I'm still worried I'll "fall off the wagon". Plus, the cruise is looming. Ahhhh, the cruise! Any thoughts on that would be welcome. I'm thinking that I'll pick one day, or one night that I eat whatever I want to eat and enjoy that and then go back to veggies and fruit. I understand that they have wonderful fruit and a terrific salad bar. The real challenge is alcohol! What is a cruise without alcohol?!? To go eight days and not drink, well I'm strong, but I don't think I am that strong. I'm not a big drinker, but on a Friday or Sat. night, I want to partay. And they have a disco!!!! So you know where I'll be. My only hope is that I will have lost enough weight and done this for 2 1/2 months, that my blood sugar will be stable enough to handle it. They also have a work out room and do aerobics and such. So I'll be in there.
Advice? Comments? Please! I need thoughts on this.

I knew I could do the 21 day thing. I only have 5 days left. Cake walk. But soon I'll be faced with some hard decisions. I desperately want to have fruit and if all goes well at the end of the 21 days I'll be well enough to have low glycemic fruits. But I have always been the Lays potato chip girl in the past. So that makes me nervous. (You know, one thing leads to another and you just can't eat one!)

So ...............the numbers and the results.

With no insulin I am running a bit high, nothing like before, but I'm in the 160's after meals. That is really not an issue at all. And still around the 150's in the a.m. I have gone down in weight. I continue to work out 4-5 days a week. I feel fine as long as I eat all the dang time. Seriously, I must eat all the time or I get a headache, which sucks. (By the way, Connor is cooking bacon and pancakes right now, God help me!)

I have no more heel pain. I do not ache anymore. I can actually see better. Which is a really neat benefit. Many times I can read the small print without my glasses. That remains one of the cooler side effects. Glasses are the enemy!

My energy level is great. Sleeping going well. Over all, no complaints. And missing the stuff I "can't have" is not a big deal most of the time. At least it seems that I am doing better not pining for stuff that makes me diabetic.

So............no more injections. No more meds. No more pain.....what's not to love??

I remain a vegan..............a raw foodie................and now that I have my juicer, I am a juicer as well. Dehydrator is on the way..... guess what's for dinner?

No comments:

Post a Comment