Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Day Five DONE and heading to a week

Today I felt great. A little too great, actually. This raw food diet seems to be making me a little more hyper than usual. Very strange. At first I was exhausted and felt awful, now on day five I feel great and am the energizer bunny. Like I need more!

I again forgot to eat. This remains the most unusual side effect. I meant to eat, and just got busy doing stuff and completely forgot. Who is this person?? It cannot be me. I have never forgotten to eat a day in my life!

On another note, I got brave and decided I could just use the over to dehydrate stuff so I could have some "crackers". It's taking forever. The "crackers" turn out to be flax seeds soaked with salt and spices added in and put in the oven. They have been in there on 145, the hottest allowed as not to kill the enzymes, for about 10 hours now. The edges have become crispy and I tasty it and it's actually delightful. THAT MEANS SALSA TIME!!!! I love salsa and guacamole and hummus and now I can have "cracker" to dip it in. Love it!

Now I know you are waiting with baited breath for the blood sugar report. I got down to 145 today!! And two hours after a meal have been consistently below 180..... I am taking no short acting insulin, and only 22 units long acting per day. I believe if things keep going this way, I'll be able to be off the long acting insulin in a week or so. That would be the best thing in the whole world for me.

I continue to work out five days a week for an hour and a half. Lifting weights and doing the treadmill and the ski machine. So I am doing everything there is to do that I know how. And best yet, I haven't even cheated once. Not one little bite. Not one drink of the wrong thing. I have eaten only raw veggies, raw nuts and seeds, herbal tea, stevia and water for five whole days!

My challenge for today was Bill bought chicken, the cooked fried chicken at the deli, and put it in the car with me. The car filled up with the aroma of cooked chicken. The smell.............wow. Panicking just a bit, I thought maybe I would not be able to stand it, but I drove home with a bunch of fried chicken in my car and lived to tell the tale. Whew!

So almost a week!!! Guess what's for dinner?

No comments:

Post a Comment