Monday, March 15, 2010

Day Four Looms

Feeling much better now. THANK GOD!!!! Dawn and I worked out this morning as we usually do, and I thought I was going to DIE! But I just kept on going and slowly but surely began to feel better. It was probably the toughest workout I've had in forever. Kinda embarrassing considering I've been doing it for months and months and months. Felt like I was just starting over. But we did it. Dawn's a huge inspiration. It didn't hurt anything that we went in to the Garden of Guts room, aka. the ab workout room, and got to do abs with Robert! Robert is training for a local body building competition, is a complete hotty, and likes to show off his most wonderful body. This gives me a lot of inspiration! : )

Today I had, wait for it, wait for it, wait for it.........................salad! Although I did get a little creative and made my own salad dressings. So that was cool. Never knew a cucumber and olive oil with some spices could be whipped up into a creamy and delicious dressing AND be totally good for me! That was cool. So what was in that oh so wonderful salad, you ask?? Yellow peppers, kale, cabbage, lettuce, cauliflower, broccoli, cucumber, lemon, and an avocado. Which I love. So are you jealous yet?? Bet you aren't.

Now for the not so great news. I took half the insulin I usually take and as the day went by I had up and down and up and down all day long. One time it was 280, really bad, then later it was 180. Not bad for after eating. So it's been a mixed bag. At least the headache is gone and I feel semi normal. Although I still think I must be somewhat light headed as I feel disorganized. But Connor's room got a good cleaning! It's amazing what you can get accomplished when you aren't eating!

Day Four Looms...............what's for breakfast???

1 comment:

  1. Don't feel bad about the workouts Lilo. Even though it doesn't seem like it, your body is using a lot of energy on healing and detoxing. You are only on day 4 and you have years of accumulated junk that is trying to make its way out of your body. It is rough and takes a toll. Just listen to your body and be easy on it! You will not get out of shape in a few short weeks and your body is telling you that it is working hard enough. It is good to keep moving, just don't push yourself o.k. I too felt like I had so much time to get things done when I was fasting. Only problem was that I didn't feel like doing much most of the time! Ha. What good is extra time when you have no energy to use it. Hey, I did get a lot of movie watching and book reading in, so it wasn't all wasted. :0 Sounds like you are doing great! I am just totally thrilled for you and can't wait to see those pesky blood sugars keep going down! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete