Monday, March 8, 2010

Revelations of the food mind

I love this quote....For it is dangerous to attach oneself to the crown in front, and so long as each one of us is more willing to trust another than to judge for himself, we never show any judgment in the manner of living, but always a blind trust, and a mistake that has passed on from hand to hand finally involves us and works our destruction. It is the example of other people that is our undoing; let us merely separate ourselves from the crowd, and we shall be made whole. Lucius Seneca

And that is the way that I will have to go to manage this new life. I contemplate all the things that are going to be so different. I ask myself, what will I eat when I go to dinner with friends? Will I manage to avoid alcohol, bread, desert?! What the hell will I order? Will it be depressing to not be able to go but to a few restaurants? How will I feel making dinner for the family with lots of meat and dairy, knowing that I shouldn't eat that stuff ever again?

There is no moderation here if I want to cure this awful scourge. There is no, it's ok, only a little won't hurt you. Because it already has!! I assume after a good long time I could have some wine or such. I could manage to eat a bit of dairy here and there, but I fear that will just take me down the slippery slope to the same place I am now. The consequences of not succeeding stay in the back of my mind.

For me, it's black or white. There is not moderation, there is no just a little won't hurt me, it's do it or die. Period. My biggest fear is that the only person I have to rely on is myself!!!! Yikes!

Only a few more days left to the new me and hopefully this blog will be more positive. The fear of the unknown is always worse than the reality! Until next time........................L

2 comments:

  1. You are one of the strongest people I know. You will do this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should celebrate your new lifestyle tomorrow with some sushi!!!

    ReplyDelete