Thursday, April 1, 2010

Tomorrow is the BIG DAY!

Tomorrow is day 21. Can you believe it?? I haven't cheated even one time and really, it hasn't been that bad. Blood sugar is way, way, way down, but I did have to add 8 units of the long acting. Seems after every little bit of insulin was out of me, my body kinda went crazy. But that's ok. Better than the 60 I was taking. So now I am weaning down again to see how it goes.

Went to Tucson to one of my favorite restaurants, even when I did eat meat I loved going to the Lovin Spoonfuls. It's a great vegan restaurant. LOVE IT! The kids went with me and were less than impressed, but hey, they are kids. I got to eat hummus for the first time in a month. I snuck in my own crackers, shhhh don't tell, and didn't eat the pita bread, and that hummus couldn't have been more divine if it was chocolate. Ahhhhhh. Loved it. And with that I had a big bowl of..................you guessed it! Salad.

Now I am experiencing a strange phenomenon. I am not loving salad. In fact, I am a bit repulsed by it. Hopefully that will not last. Tonight I decided to branch out more because my dehydrator came, thank you GOD!!! And I am making "neat balls". They aren't bad. Taste nothing like meat, but they are pretty good. Plus, since I got my dehydrator, I am going to attempt potato chips. Sounds good. I'll use sweet potato chips so that ought to be a new taste sensation.

So I read and re-read my book, and unfortunately, I do not believe I will be able to have fruit with any regularity for about 3 months. Sigh. BUT I am going to have one grapefruit this weekend. Yep. I am. Get over it! I don't want to cheat, cheat, so I'm going to have just one grapefruit. Being a low glycemic fruit, it ought not to bother me too bad, so I'm gonna do it. Think of it as preventative medicine to keep me on the straight and narrow. Better than chocolate or wine or God forbid, steak, right!!?!

So here are the numbers. Still hanging in the 150's in the a.m. sigh. and still hanging in the 150's after a meal. BUT I did get into the 140's a few times after meal and that's exciting. I continue to work out 4-5 times a week. Hard. Sweating hard. So Bill says I'm looking good. AND I even went to the gym when I was the only one going. No Bill, no workout buddy, (that means you, Dawn : ) and no curly haired son. Just me! So I guess a little pat on the back is deserved.

Anyway, there it is. OH, and I almost forgot. My neighbor saw my facebook and made a point of calling me to tell me how proud she was of me. Considering she thinks my husband is the anti-christ, I think that was pretty special.

Guess what's for .............breakfast!?

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Lilo!!!!! What a completely amazing accomplishment! I am so thrilled about your results. What a positive thing to see your health improve so rapidly. I know it feels like forever when you are doing it, but it has been an amazingly short period of time and you have had such great results. You are an encouragement to everyone who wants to go down natural paths to reclaim health! Keep going and enjoy that grapefruit. What kind of dehydrator did you get? and Juicer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got an Excalibur 9 try. It's great. Much better than the oven! I couldn't have done this without your help. You've been a great cheerleader. Now I go on to day 22.... and I don't mind. Had dinner last night at my fav Greek restaurant here and still didn't cheat even a little. So I feel pretty proud of myself. I'm going to go all the way to the cruise and see where I am. Frankly, I'll probably have to eat this way for months and months to get down to "normal", but it will be worth it. Thanks for everything.

    ReplyDelete