Saturday, April 10, 2010

Day 29..........

I continue on! Yes, I made the Day 21 and made it off insulin. The bad news being that I had to go back on insulin, only 8 units, for about another week until again, I am completely off. You can't beat that with a stick, huh?? I ended up eating that heavenly grapefruit, and it was heaven, and my blood sugar went way up. But I ate other stuff with it, so I ended up eating the other half the other day, and guess what?!? Nothing! No bad reactions. I was so impressed!

Now I have gone down a full dress size, so that's pretty neat, and I can wear all my skinny clothes. (Honestly, I don't have that many skinny clothes, but the few I have kept for a long, long, long time all fit! Hee, hee!) Not that I am anywhere near skinny, but at least I am down some and it feels great to have that reward.

Being brave enough to have grapefruit, I feel like in the next week or so I will branch out to berries. I dearly love them, and with the grapefruit success, I think I will be fine. For the party tonight, THANK YOU MARTHA, I found a fabulous salad I am bringing and no one will be the wiser. Mango, pear, cucumber, and radish salad dressed with lime juice and agave nectar. Really excellent. No one will have a clue that it's vegan raw, and I will have something wonderful to eat! Unfortunately, I am pretty boring with food, although I did find a recipe for mushroom burgers, raw of course, and they were totally delicious. Dr. Cousens doesn't like mushrooms, buy hey, I can't be perfect. And they do not raise blood sugar. I have to live a little, don't you think?

Most days I eat a lot of tomatoes and not near enough greens. I have found them to be almost repulsive. My garden is thriving, so soon I will have super fresh lettuce and that ought to help me quite a bit. Thank GOD for the juicer as I put a bunch of greens in the juicer, along with the tomatoes, and make a fabulous homemade V-8. Love it. Looks awful. Tastes divine. I love V-8 anyway, so it's an easy one for me to drink down.

So I'm going to a party tonight and would love a glass of wine, but I am going to abstain as I feel it is too early in the game to be heading in that direction. I've done so well.......

Here are the numbers.......waking in the 150's. Still too high, but hell, no insulin, so no complaining. I've had after meal numbers from 119 to 160. All under 180 which seems to be the magic number for diabetics. Next goal is to get the morning down to 100 or under, and the afters consistently under 120. My doctor is going to shit when I tell him I'm taking nothing and have these numbers. It really does feel like an accomplishment. I know he'll never say I'm cured, but if I can keep this up for a year or so, maybe I'll never have to ever take anything again and just control it through diet. That is the goal.......

So on I go...... continuing forward......

Guess what's for dinner?

No comments:

Post a Comment